ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING STUDENT INTERN– EE Engineering Students (Junior/Senior)
EA Solutions, LLC is currently seeking an Electrical Engineering Intern to fill a paid year-round internship in our Salt Lake City, Utah office. The Engineering Intern position will provide an opportunity for engineering students who are currently seeking a degree in the EE field to get hands-on experience working with architects and engineers in the A/E/C industry. The Electrical Engineering Student Intern position provides support for Electrical Engineers and for the purpose of developing the interns’ knowledge and skill of the field of engineering.
JOB DESCRIPTION: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING STUDENT INTERN
Position Status: Part-time, Hourly and At Will.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
- Learning Revit modeling and AutoCAD design process and documentation.
- Interact with project team members
- Prepare project deliverables with attention to detail
- Evolving knowledge of building codes and industry standards
- Perform engineering calculations
- Develop ability to read plans and specifications
- Drawing plans as instructed.
- Develop knowledge of the process of project development.
- Support duties of an engineering intern as assigned by the principal engineers.
- Understanding and learning retention for skill development and processes.
- Problem solving
- Clear communication
- Attention to detail
- Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of AutoCad/Revit a plus
- Completed some power course work.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the specific ability to work in a team
- Capability to build working and professional relationships
Education and Experience:
- Currently pursuing an Electrical Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering as a Junior or Senior.
- On path to completing the F.E. Exam.
- Minimum of 3.2 GPA Preferred
- Experience in the A/E/C industry a plus.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Flexible working schedule, we are willing to work around individual class schedules. The intern position is anticipating 15-25 hours per week.